Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
The Combat Vehicles site of BAE Systems in Aiken, South Carolina, is seeking an experienced Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. Will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. A self-starter and problem solver, the candidate will utilize analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Using strong communication skills, will ensure suppliers understand requirements and expectations, make progress reports, and present findings. Utilizing supplier scorecards/metrics and analytical tools, will quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve 100% quality performance.
- Evaluate the impact of nonconforming product and assess suppliers' corrective actions;
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances;
- Perform source inspection of product at supplier locations;
- Perform and evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE Systems' expectations;
- Drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or technical discipline and 4 years related work experience or equivalent experience overall;
- Experience working in Defense Industry;
- Working knowledge of AS9100 Quality System;
- Audit experience;
- Problem solving - Root cause / corrective actions;
- Knowledge of engineering drawings/GD&T;
- Highly effective communication skills;
- Motivated self-starter;
- Microsoft Office Suite literate.
Preferred experience/training/certifications but not required include:
- Green/Black Belt;
- First Piece Inspection/Testing (AS9102B);
- Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and Control Plans;
- Root Cause/Corrective Action (RCCA);
- Certified Weld Inspector (CWI).
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top