Senior Subcontract Administrator
Lead subcontract support for dynamic IDIQ program with potential for many subcontractors. Manage multiple task orders requiring full lifecycle support. Interface with East Coast based Project Management team and senior management.
1) Using independent judgment preform the following tasks: Review requirements document (i.e., statements of work and specifications) for clarity and adequacy, and obtain necessary revisions from the program office/engineering.
2. May identify potential resources for required products/services, and develop and issue requests for proposals. Respond to supplier inquires.
3. Receive and review supplier proposals. Participate on proposal evaluation teams in fact finding, technical evaluation, and cost/price analysis. Prepare and issue purchase orders for selected suppliers.
4. Negotiate terms and conditions including price, delivery, quality, and performance requirements. Initiate and execute Basic Ordering Agreements. Perform or ensure the performance of independent price/cost analysis, if needed. Document the entire fact finding and negotiation process.
5. Ensure that discussions, correspondence and agreements with potential and actual subcontractors are in accordance with FAR, government law, corporate and company policy and program special provisions.
6. Secure supplier quotes in support of prime contract proposals as assigned.
7. Close out purchase orders/subcontracts upon receipt of all deliverable services/items and final payment.
8. Support the Small Business Program. May require running associated reports for program.
9. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, including coordination and organization of many concurrent agreements.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent organization skills.
Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top