Senior Storage Systems Administrator
Looking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world. We have more than 80 locations across the U.S. and in Afghanistan, Djibouti, Germany, Japan, Korea, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom .
We are seeking to hire a Senior Storage Systems Administrator. Ideal c andidates shall have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, and have ten (10) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. Or the individual shall have five (5) years of full time computer science work that can be substituted for the Bachelor's Degree, and have ten (10) years of demonstrable experience in system administration and support of a large client-server based IT enterprise. An industry recognized professional certification may substitute as one year experience.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Experience shall include installation, configuration, and networking of UNIX and/or NT based platforms. This experience shall include:
- creating, modifying and deleting user accounts, performing system back-ups, and maintaining system configuration files.
- Individual shall have a fundamental understanding of operating systems ad be familiar with either UNIX or NT commands or utilities at the user level.
- Experience shall include the installation and configuration of hardware, operating systems, and commercial software packages.
- Individual shall be able to develop and implement enterprise backup/recovery strategies, server configuration and consolidation, and verification of the health and status of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Individual shall be able to provide support for enterprise services such as DNS, NFS, e-mail services, security protection mechanisms, and the interoperability of UNIX and NT based systems.
- SGI IRIX based Operating System
- SGI systems with direct attached and FC SAN attached storage
- Network Appliance clustered servers with direct attached and FC SAN storage
- Network Appliance and SGI IRIX supported applications
- Multivendor clustered filesystems such as GPFS, Lustre
- Brocade FC switch network
- Enterprise class arrays
- Solid State Disk (SSD)
- NFS/CIFS based server/storage appliance
- Data Domain and similar deduplication products
- Cloud based storage solutions such as HADOOP, and IBM BigInsights
- Trouble ticket management utilizing Remedy
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top