Senior Software/DevOps Engineer
Significantly contribute to the development of custom software components and integration of open source code to address complex time series analysis problems through the use of cutting edge Big Data/Cloud technology. Design and implement core architecture and capabilities for software from prototype to operational applications. Comprehension of software engineering fundamentals, object oriented programming, relational and time series databases, scripting knowledge and an advanced level of development operations (DevOps) skill set. Apply experience working within an AGILE software development life cycle, including requirements creation, sprint planning, and grooming, etc.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- 4+ years of software developer experience with applicable java knowledge
- 4+ years of Linux system administration (RHEL/CENTOS) experience includilg software integration, service management, configuration management, and run-time sustainment operations related to provisionment, storage, and networking.
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (i.e. JIRA, Confluence)
- Understanding of software unit and integration testing, bug reporting and tracking, documentation, and production software support and maintenance.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with Jenkins, Apache HDFS/YARN, Apache Spark, Apache HBASE, and ElasticSearch products
- Experience with FOSS monitoring and metrics tool suites (Ganglia, Nagios, ELK, Splunk, and Grafana)
- Experience Key/Value repositories (Redis, OpenTSDB, InfluxDB, etc.)
- Data parsing/transforming techniques to include JSON, XML, CSV formats
- Relational database knowledge (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with analytical algorithm design / data science
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top