Senior Software Tester
- Reston, VA
There are multiple projects being developed, and this position will have responsibility for tracking testing schedules through weekly dial-in meetings with the developers. Hands-on testing, test observation, and writing after action reports for the customer. Critical thinking, and the ability to question the developers when a software feature or requirement is not sufficiently described to enable testing, are essential skills.
Job Description and Requirements:
- The Tester will provide support to the Agile Teams as needed in areas of testing, usability, security and build/tools management.
- Performs formal system testing activities for a particular project or subset of a larger project.
- Performs analysis of documented user requirements and directs or assists in the design of test plans in support of user requirements for moderately complex to complex software or IT systems.
- May participate in all phases of risk management assessment and software/hardware development.
- Responsible for ensuring that the test design and documentation support all applicable clients, agency or industry standards time lines and budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that testing conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements.
Required Skills and Education
-Current TS/SCI CI Polygraph
-Possess good communications skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
-Understanding the need for and be an advocate of disciplined approaches (requirements, processes, and practices
-Software and Functional requirements analysis to determine testability, and to develop test cases
Familiarity with JIRA, to include searching Agile and Kanban boards, creating Dashboards, and creating and managing tickets/issues
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top