Senior Software Engineer for EO/IR and RF Technologies
- If you are a technology driven individual who loves to create cutting edge software to support future products, this is the career opportunity for you. The Technology Solutions (TS) business area is the innovative research and development engine within the Electronic Systems Sector of BAE Systems.
- As a Senior Software Engineer in the TS Software Engineering Directorate, supporting the Sensor Technology (ST) and Signal Processing (SP) Directorates, you will
(1) participate in the complete software development lifecycle including designing, developing, debugging, testing, configuring, and deploying our complex, real-time software solutions into prototype and demonstration products, applying state-of-the-art software development tools and techniques, working alongside other highly motivated engineers passionate about software and protecting our military service personnel; and
(2) interact directly with current and potential customers to understand their requirements and guide development efforts to meet their needs; and
(3) lead development on project tasks for small teams of 1-3 engineers.
- As a member of the Software Engineering Directorate, you will have opportunities to develop strong and increasingly complex software skills and stay current in the software discipline. The organization focuses on career development of our software engineers and advancement of the craft of software engineering.
- This position may require occasional travel up to 10% of the time to support integration and test events.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Scientific Field, or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Scientific field with 5+ year of professional experience, or
- Master’s Degree and 3+ years of professional experience, or
- Doctorate and 0-2 years of professional experience
Required Skills :
- Current US Citizenship and Department of Defense Secret Security clearance is required.
- Software Development experience in one or more higher level programming languages such as C++, Java, or C using Windows, Linux, or UNIX operating systems, five (5) year minimum or equivalent education, with group project experience
- Object-Oriented Design / Architecture experience, (e.g. C++ or Java), three (3) year minimum or equivalent education
- Algorithm implementation experience
- Real-time embedded software development, optimization of software
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks
- Ability to manage project tasks (resource allocation and scheduling) for small teams (1-3 people)
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills:
- Linux operating systems
- Multi-core / multi-processor software development
- Distributed software systems
- Advanced mathematics (e.g. linear algebra, digital signal processing, probability and statistics, etc.)
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. python, perl, bash, csh, sh, etc.)
- Digital electrical engineering experience
- Software test, modeling and simulation environments
- Source control systems and configuration management practices
- Full life-cycle software development experience
- Creating and delivering effective technical presentations
- Advanced degree in a related technical field
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top