Senior Software Engineer
- Nashua, NH
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. We have multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
We are looking for mid-career Software professionals to help us create the world's most advanced solutions in the area such as Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Aircraft Protection, Radar Warning and Electronic Attack for our defense related customers. Our products provide critical mission capabilities to address the ever-evolving challenges and threats to our nation's security and the war fighter.
In this exciting role, you will enjoy opportunities to take on diverse and challenging work assignments, flexible scheduling with every other Friday off, an inviting and supportive culture, competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees.
We will provide you opportunities to learn, leverage our current technologies, incorporate new technologies, and if you desire...become an expert or future technical leader in our engineering organization.
• Duties include analyzing, designing, coding and code modification (typically in C++) of complex software designs for simple systems or subsystems or subsystems of larger systems.
• You will be evaluating complex software designs to identify design flaws.
• You will be preparing design documentation, in accordance with established processes.
• You will utilize either a Windows or Linux based software development environment. Embedded targets could range from ARM through high performance x86-64 CPUs and Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). You will be integrating and testing in the selected target test environments.
• You may participate in external project interactions with other companies.
Required Skills and Education
• Secret Clearance (active within the last two years)
• Foundation in Object-Oriented design and implementation
• High-level Object-Oriented language proficiency (e.g. C++, Ada, etc.)
• Experience using scripting languages, such as Python
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong problem-solving and collaborative skills that translate to working software
• Proficient with source code control tools
Preferred Skills and Education
• Linux and real-time operating system exposure
• Software automated test development and execution
• Software algorithm development
• Multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top