Senior Software Engineer
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. We have multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
We are looking for mid-career Software professionals to help us create the world's most advanced solutions in the area such as Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Aircraft Protection, Radar Warning and Electronic Attack for our defense related customers. Our products provide critical mission capabilities to address the ever-evolving challenges and threats to our nation's security and the war fighter.
We are looking to add a few new members to our team. Looking for talented Engineers with language skills in C++ and exposure to object oriented development.
We will provide you opportunities to learn, leverage our current technologies, incorporate new technologies, and if you desire...become an expert or future technical leader in our engineering organization.
- Duties include analyzing, designing, coding and code modification (typically in C++) of complex software designs for simple systems or subsystems or subsystems of larger systems.
- You will be evaluating complex software designs to identify design flaws.
- You will be preparing design documentation, in accordance with established processes.
- You will utilize either a Windows or Linux based software development environment. Embedded targets could range from ARM through high performance x86-64 CPUs and Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). You will be integrating and testing in the selected target test environments.
- You may participate in external project interactions with other companies.
- Opportunities are available to grow into a technical lead on the program where you will mentor your team and present the technical design at technical interchange meetings with the customer.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Active Secret Clearance
- High-level language proficiency in C++
- Foundation in Object-Oriented design and implementation principles
- Possess strong problem-solving skills that translate to working software
- Proficient with source code control tools
- Linux and real-time operating system exposure
- Real-time embedded development
- High-level language proficiency in one or more: Python, Java, Ada, Qt
- Software automated test development and execution
- Software algorithm development
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top