Senior Software Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will serves as the technical lead of multiple software development teams. This Software Engineer will select the
software development processes in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
Recommend new technologies and processes for complex software projects. Ensure quality
control of all developed and modified software. Delegate programming and testing
responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
This is a senior position in the Sterling VA area and the person will be able to:
•Develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
• Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
• Designs, implements, and integrates software applications or performs software engineering tasks
• Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and production environment
• Ensures efficient delivery of software engineering capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes
• Mitigates risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale integrated software projects.
• Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational. Can lead and perform tasks of senior level
technicians, specialists, and or managers
Leadership/Management - May work individually or lead a team as a key member of a senior leadership team. Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to
Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and
managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractors teams through to project completion.
DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives
and services required within the task order.
Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical
objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order.
Preferred Skills and Education
In addition to 8570 requirements, the nominee must have 18 years of experience as a Software Engineer in programs of similar scope, type, and complexity.
The nominee must either 1) possess a Master's Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position (e.g. information systems, computer science, math, or engineering) or 2) have 8 additional years of relevant Software Engineer or related technical experience as a substitute for the Master's Degree
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top