Senior Software Developer - Analytics Lab
BAE Systems, Inc. is seeking an experienced Sr. Software Engineer who will lead efforts to develop applications that improve our ability to identify, collect, visualize, and analyze data for intelligence analysis.
You will serve as a key member of BAE Systems' Advanced Analytics Lab. The primary objective for this position will be to develop custom software for integration into government research programs, with Python as the primary development language for existing custom software. The work location will be in our McLean, VA office.
Key activities will include:
- Lead new software engineering efforts in an Agile environment that performs data collection/ingestion, data visualization, and/or data analytics
- Team with intelligence analysts to develop creative software solutions for counterterrorism and national intelligence strategies
- Software development to improve and expand capabilities on existing in-house custom applications (mostly written in Python)
- Develop new applications that query, read, ingest, and store data from various internet-accessible APIs
- Design large-scale system technology solutions to government proposals
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 7+ years software engineering using Python and/or Java
- Experience querying/editing and creating/designing SQL and NoSQL databases (such as any of the following: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Postgres/PostGIS, Neo4j)
- Experience running/deploying/automating production workloads on the cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) and excited to learn new technologies
- Bachelors' Degree plus 7 years' experience (or equivalent)
- Must currently possess an active Security Clearance
- Experience using Natural Language Processing (NLP) and/or Machine Learning (ML) techniques and tools, especially with Computer Vision tools
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS, Amazon Linux) and DevOps
- Statistics knowledge
- Military, Intelligence, or Government experience
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top