Senior Software Developer
BAE Systems is seeking a motivated, self-starting Software Developer professional to join our Product Dissemination (NPD) Support Team. The position can be filled in either the St. Louis area, or Springfield, VA. The Developer will work with and provide support across a wide range of applications in a large-scale, multi-network, multi-domain environment. Candidate should have:
- Thorough understanding of the following interfaces and formats (at a minimum): standard web service protocols (SOAP, REST, OGC)
- Familiarity of proprietary and open source GIS applications and services such as geoserver, openlayers, ArcGIS Server, PostGIS/PostgreSQL, Oracle Spatial
- Thorough understanding of developing web based systems from dynamic results of a relational database (i.e. CRUD applications)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Must have familiarity with Agile processes in a DevOps environment.
• Must have familiarity with web-based technologies (web servers, application servers)
• Must have familiarity with cloud-based technologies (specifically AWS)
• Must have familiarity with DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, etc.)
• Must have practical experience in Java and/or Python.
• Must have, or the ability to obtain, DoD 8570 compliant certification (Security+, CISSP, etc.)
Preferred Skills and Education
• Familiarity with GIS applications (OpenLayers, geoserver, ArcGIS)
• MBA, MS, or MA degree in an associated technical discipline or years of equivalent work experience
• 3+ years' experience in Software development and systems testing
• Professional certifications in Software Engineering
• 1+ years of software engineering experience working with Mission Partner Programs
• 2+ years of experience/familiarity with reading, writing, debugging, updating (maintenance release/updates), and fixing custom software
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top