Senior Software Architect - Electronic Warfare
As a Software Architecture Engineer designing Electronic Warfare solutions at BAE Systems, you will lead or support development of optimum processing architectures for our Electronic Warfare (EW) systems based on balanced requirements and extensive product and customer knowledge for multiple platform and application concepts. You will also lead or support the implementation structure and system architectural models from early platform concept through detailed design, integration, and test phases.
- Responsible to define the architecture of the complete processing environment with attention to satisfying all performance requirements while maximizing leverage across other advanced needs for other platform. You will lead or support architecture definition and design for moderately complex to highly complex systems.
- Responsible for the creation of model-based and physical architectures, performance of the complete system, and flow-down of requirements to lower level components for optimal system performance. Includes leading the functional analysis and logical architecture development needed for successful hardware and software integration.
- As the software lead, you will support identification derived requirement in the areas of sizing, timing, memory, control and other architectural elements.
- Support the introduction of new technology to create optimally balanced technical solutions for each application by ensuring project content meets the customer needs and the technology strategies.
- Support requirements decomposition analysis to help drive concept architectures and system characteristics. Support compliance assessments.
- Manage resolution of architecture issues. Enforce design commonality (as practical) across concepts.
- Generate System/Subsystem Design Descriptions (SSDDs) and drive deliverables to meet project required performance and timing.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Requires Bachelors degree and 15+ years related experience
- Extensive experience in software engineering for complex systems, including design, development, integration, test and deployment.
- Experience in software engineering development standards and techniques including; Distributed Processing frameworks, Object Modeling, Object Oriented design, and standardized software implementation patterns.
- Experience with an Agile development methodology.
- Develop briefing materials, white papers, and recommendations as part of the design and development process.
- Have system/software engineering experience/knowledge necessary to perform requirements analysis, derivation and allocation, and translate requirements to viable processing concepts and design solutions within applicable constraints.
- Have detailed experience and knowledge of computer systems and processors, logic devices, interfaces, and operating systems.
- Strong C++ programming skills in an embedded environment.
- Balance system design considering system usage, concept of operations (CONOPS), performance, constraints, and logistics concerns.
- Plan, conduct and document trade studies.
- Balance size, weight, power and cost of system.
- Manage system risk.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Local applicants preferred. No relocation is available for this position. Preferred Skills and Education · Experience with EW military systems.
. Familiarity with Department of Defense Architecture (DoDAF)
- Experience with Systems Modeling Language (SysML) methodology and tools.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top