Senior SIGINT Specialist
BAE Systems is seeking motivated individuals who want the opportunity to support the War on Terror in Afghanistan.
Global Analysis and Operations currently has an opening for a Senior SIGINT Specialist. The Senior SIGINT Specialist shall support the operational management of SIGINT Teams, provide collection focus consistent with SIGINT and supported command guidance, and support the management of SIGINT collection operations.
Senior SIGINT Specialists perform all the duties of the SIGINT Specialist as necessary and facilitates the scheduling and assignment of SIGINT collection support tasks, as appropriate coordinating with the Regional Command or Battlespace owner G2/S2. They shall maintain operational communications, provide SIGINT guidance and support SIGINT taskings ensuring the smooth flow of information.
This position supports the production of reports and conducts Quality Control (QC) of completed reports/products. The Senior SIGINT Specialist shall receive evaluated traffic from the AROC Language Branch by accessing the ONEROOF server resident on NSANet and disseminate as required. Additionally, the Senior SIGINT Specialist develops recording mechanisms for Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) and lessons learned in the conduct of operations. The Senior SIGINT Specialist shall coordinate with the senior intelligence official on station to ensure that all SIGINT activities are supportive of the Regional Command or Battlespace owner G2/S2.
Senior SIGINT Specialists will review summaries on the daily Intelligence products for situational awareness; conduct research on all areas of operation and possess a solid awareness level of an operational area prior to mission execution. They also shall work with linguists and transcribers to rapidly identify, understand, and disseminate intelligence information in accordance with supported commands tasking and processing instructions and standard operating procedures.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Education – Training in SIGINT operations
Experience – 10 years SIGINT experience within DoD or equivalent Government agencies with five years at the operational level and requires former MOS 1N, 35S/P/N , 35B, 352B/PQ/R/S, 18F or equivalent
Special skills or qualifications -
- Be knowledgeable of Army/Joint SIGINT procedures, data processing systems such as CIDNE , RT-RG, NSANet and associated SIGINT database/search engines
- Proficient in utilizing basic computer applications, miRC, Jabber Chat, and intelligence related automation in support of analytical efforts and product development
- Possess strong research, analytical, and writing skills
- Be capable of effectively operating as a member of an analytical team from a remote location in support of CJOA-A requirements
- Possess strong knowledge of relevant NSA tasking, collection, processing, reporting procedures, and communications architecture (PED)
- Possess strong knowledge of military ground and operations, target-area geography, place names, titles, and cultural norms as well as relevant enemy objectives, tactics, techniques , and procedures
Preferred Skills and Education
- Education -Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Management (Team Lead/NCO) level experience
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top