Senior Rotating Machines Engineer- Endicott, NY
- Endicott, NY
It's about the journey. Whether it's a bus ride or flight, our commercial electronic systems help transport millions of passengers every day. Every second a plane takes off somewhere in the world, enabled by our flight-critical products. On the ground, our electric and hybrid solutions save more than 22 million gallons of fuel per year. Be part of our journey at Electronic Systems where you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
Our growing business is located in the Greater Binghamton area which is home to several sports teams, shopping centers, a growing downtown, the State University of New York at Binghamton, several large healthcare employers and some of New York's top-ranked school districts. The area enjoys a rich heritage with multiple diverse communities with local cuisine and festival celebrations. From the area to an hour out there is access to hiking, skiing, lakes, waterparks, casinos, golfing, camping and vineyards. A flexible 9/80 work schedule gives employees a great opportunity to experience all that the region has to offer and provides a balanced work and family lifestyle.
Job responsibilities for the position include:
- Apply expertise in the area of mechanical design of rotating machines towards design of power and propulsions systems, for commercial and military applications.
- Led root cause analysis investigations and propose solutions to complex field and production issues
- Support supplier quality assessments
- Mechanical design, development and selection of hardware components for rotating machines utilizing fundamental mechanical engineering principles, theories and techniques.
- Interpret mechanical design requirements, customer specifications, industry and military specifications and ensure that all requirements are realized in the design of the equipment.
- Perform design of high reliability rotating machines, utilizing 3D CAD tools such as Creo Parametric or similar tools.
- Support mechanical design aspects of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA), and Printed Wiring Boards (PWB).
- Design to meet environmental and reliability requirements typically encountered on military and commercial programs.
- Prepare and substantiate Engineering changes to released designs, and review changes
- Design for producibility, partnering with the Manufacturing Engineer to drive a producible and cost efficient design in the production environment.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders across the functions, especially manufacturing, to achieve the optimal design and manufacture of the equipment.
- Support concept designs in support of proposals on an as-needed basis.
- Develop test plans in support of Qualification, Accelerated Life testing, Stress Screening, Reliability growth, as well as Design Verification.
- Review drawings and changes to ensure suitability for the design and manufacturing of the product.
- Review and approve manufacturing instructions/plannings.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, schedule driven environment.
- Design and analysis of Rotating Machines using 3D CAD tools such as Creo Parametric or similar 3D CAD tools.
- Familiarity and experience with rotating machines in power and propulsion systems
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws.
- Experience with writing test plans and executing test plans for environmental testing of rotating machines
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Exhibits sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers, suppliers.
- Working knowledge of drawing and configuration management practices.
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents
- Experience with all mechanical aspects of rotating machine design and analysis
- Experience recognizing and solving mechanical failure modes that occur in rotating machines.
- Ability to effectively lead a small team in the solution of open ended problems.
- Ability to coach and teach others in the organization.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top