Senior Research Engineer
As a Principal Analyst and Research Engineer in the Planning and Control Technologies (PCT) directorate, you will provide research and technical leadership and hands-on algorithm design, implementation, and evaluation for state of the art Battle Management Command and Control technologies.
- advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts and contribute to the development of new principles and concepts
- Design and develop algorithms and interfaces between applications and simulations
- Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
- Work independently under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives
- Develop advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product
- Lead research efforts overseeing activities of other potentially junior personnel
- Interact directly with current and potential customers to understand their requirements and guide Research and Development efforts to meet their needs
- Support business development through identification of business opportunities, concept innovation, proposal writing, and customer interfacing
- Serve as an organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs
- Act as an advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications
The position may require occasional travel. This position offers significant opportunities for career growth in the leadership and development of scientific and mathematical software applications and algorithms.
Planning and Control Technologies (PCT) is a directorate within the BAE Systems Technology Solutions Fusion, Battle Management, and Computing technology group (TS FBC). PCT is a high growth, entrepreneurial organization that develops state-of the-art mission management technologies, components and systems for many customers in the defense industry. Today’s warfighters and intelligence analysts are overwhelmed with data and tasks from a variety of manned and unmanned vehicle systems. PCT helps the warfighter become more effective and efficient in managing networks of heterogeneous vehicles and payloads (e.g., multi-INT surveillance, weapons, non-traditional ISR), by developing automation that offloads manual asset control and optimizes the utility of the network while abiding by physical and operational constraints.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
1. Degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or a related field with either 0 years of experience w/ PhD or 3 years w/ MS.
2. Familiarity with Optimization theory
3. Current US Citizenship Preferred Skills and Education 1. Expertise in Vehicle Routing or Network Optimization
2. Expertise in Mathematical Programming / Operations Research
3. Experience in Control Theory
4. Experience in Graph Theory
5. DoD Familiarity, to include one of Battle Management technologies, Military Simulations, and the Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) domain
6. Experience with Object-Oriented Design / Architecture, Java, C++, Matlab
7. Active defense security clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top