Senior Release Manager
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans Weekly Release Reporting Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required Negotiate Plan and manage all release activities Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors Continually work towards making improvements in the release process Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs Education & Experience
- 8+ years of experience of hands on system application support & development, with stronger focus and experience on leading production support teams.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Experience working within a matrix-style structure
- Manage the process of allocating test environments in an efficient way. Verify enough environments are available across projects.
- Execute a selected test script with critical functionality to verify an application is ready for testing.
- Health Checks and Monitoring
- Verify the environment is ready for testing. Manage the various mechanisms that provide monitoring capabilities.
- Experience of improving effectiveness and efficiencies
- Well organized and very good in planning, managing and monitoring.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills on all levels up to Senior Management.
- Ability to line-manage teams and to work in a challenging environment
- Being able to influence stakeholders, personal satisfaction and making a personal difference
- Delivering results in a challenging environment with speed and simplicity
- Putting customers first and adding value to service delivery from customers view point
- Build a healthy and trustworthy environment within the service
- Links plans and actions to the program’s Vision, Values and Strategy by taking long term perspective and facilitating the generation of ideas within the team
Preferred Skills and Education
- 12+ years strong experience
- Data Management
- Configuration Management
- Release Management
- Infrastructure Management
- Test Management
- Environment Management
- Strong technological background, with degree level technical / engineering qualification in Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent
- Strong program and stakeholder management experience
- BA Degree
- Project management certification
- ITIL certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top