Senior Quality Engineer
Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment, and conducts quality assurance tests. May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality methodologies and utilize quality tools to help drive continuous improvement.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in dynamic, highly diverse, cross discipline teams; experience working, interfacing and interrelating with diverse personnel both operational and technical.
- Strong and demonstrated communication skills (written, verbal, visual, electronic, oral) and interpersonal skills (listening, group facilitation).
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, PowerPoint, & Excel.
- Must have strong working knowledge of AS9102 FAI requirements.
- Must have experience in facilitating and performing Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) activities.
- Must have Material Review Board and Failure Review Board Experience.
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Certification or ISO 9001 Internal Auditing Course preferred
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager Course and Certification, or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Course and Certification.
- Hands on Experience in a Defense Electronics Prime Contract environment.
- Green or Black Belt Certification
- Lean Six-Sigma Analysis and Tools Experience
- Active Secret Clearance
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top