Senior Proposal Manager
- Merrimack, NH
BAE Systems is seeking a motivated leader to provide hands-on proposal leadership and support to high-priority, strategic proposals within its Electronic Systems (ES) sector. This position is part of the Business Winning function within Business Development.
Major activities include: driving capture teams for superior readiness-to-bid; proposal planning; providing just-in-time training; leading the development of compliant proposal products; ensuring on-time delivery; and implementing a repeatable process across the business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the overall proposal development process from Pre-Proposal Phase through Post-Proposal Phase for priority/strategic proposals as assigned
- Coach and train proposal teams on the development of complex, compliant and compelling proposal responses
- Produce and manage proposal outlines, kickoff documentation, compliance matrices, and proposal deliverables
- Develop and maintain proposal schedules, and drive proposal team in adherence to the schedule from beginning to end, ensuring early delivery to the customer
- Lead daily status meetings and track action items
- Analyze and shred customer solicitation documents to drive compliance
- Lead proposal color reviews to include scheduling, organizing, facilitating, preparing, conducting, and supporting comment summation, adjudication, and final inclusion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with varying personalities across all functions
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Participation in continuous improvement activities
- Provide support, as directed, to overall Proposal Development organization on other priority proposals and projects as assigned
Please note that this specific position requires U.S. citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of proposal management experience (3 years supporting DOD proposals)
- An understanding of the U.S. DOD source selection acquisition process
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Active DOD Secret clearance or higher
- Willingness to travel (approximately 10%)
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- APMP certification
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top