Senior Program Quality Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to support the Small Form Factor Solutions product area. The candidate will ensure implementation of a Quality program that satisfies the requirements of the Program Quality Plan and the ES Quality Management System Manual. The candidate will support the Program Office and other program functional leads in the execution of program contractual requirements. This role will require frequent interfacing and coordination with local DCMA representatives. The duties expected to be performed by the candidate include but are not limited to contract review, quality planning, audit execution, planning/facilitating and performing PPV/FAI reviews, leading Material Review Board (MRB) activities, facilitate/participate in Root Cause/Corrective Action activities, verification and validation of software and hardware development through various Qualification activities throughout the product lifecycle, purchase order review/quality clausing, coordination with Supplier Quality Assurance as needed, support program initiatives for continuous improvement, affordability and zero defect objectives.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in dynamic, highly diverse, cross discipline teams.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, visual) and interpersonal skills (listening, group facilitation).
- Must have strong working knowledge of AS9102 FAI requirements.
- Must have experience in Root Cause tools and Corrective Action activities.
- Must have Material Review Board and Failure Review Board Experience.
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditing Course or Lead Auditor Certification
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer/Manager Certification
- Green or Black Belt Certification
- Lean Six-Sigma Analysis and Tools Experience
- Hands on experience in a Defense Electronics Prime Contract environment
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top