Join BAE Systems' Intelligence and Security Sector and be part of an agile team that enables our employees to support our customers and their missions. As a Senior Program Manager, you will serve as the liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, planning their stages and assessing the corresponding commercial implications. Yyou will apply experience and an understanding of high performance computing (HPC) environments to ensure the successful staffing of your IT program, you will monitor deadlines, standards, quality, and cost targets. Responsible for identifying, gathering and performing statistical analysis of data including reliability models, you will lead a talented technical team assessing, refactoring, and evaluating existing and emergent technologies and creating hands-on solutions to computational challenges. A career with BAE Systems places quality and performance at the forefront, and as Program Manager, you will evaluate and assist technical staff with their specific mission, collaborating with the customer to ensure timely and accurate delivery of services and products.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
The applicant must have:
- at least 15+ years' experience in the Information Systems Engineering/Computing Science/Computer Engineering field, with 5+ years in high-performance technical computing, preferably in an organization supporting DoD/IC/DoE customer.
- B.S. or equivalent degree in information services, engineering, science or related field.
- active PMP certification
- TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
An ideal candidate may also have the following:
- M.S. or PhD in engineering field - Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science preferred, others acceptable with demonstrated domain expertise.
- TS/SCI FS Poly preferred
- Experience in an organization supporting DoE, especially if from programs with Multi-Level Security and classification separation capabilities such as ORDC, LANL, LLNL, Sandia or Argonne, in a high computing environment.
- Software Refactoring to Optimize Performance for Emerging Architectures
- High Performance Data Analytics (HPDA): Technical support for customer projects that span the range of computational disciplines that require data analytical tools and methods.
- Experience with Lustre filesystem and large-scale cluster computing
- Experience with space systems - satellite architectures, orbitology, system of system design (preferred)
- Understanding of cloud security best-practices, VPCs, networking, access control-lists, encryption, secrets management, identity and access management controls.
- Experience with High Performance Computing Hardware to include HPE UV, Cray CS, IBM, and other Compute and Storage special purpose devices.
- Existing Hardware recapitalization and Emerging Hardware Exploration: Supporting the evaluation of emerging hardware for potential deployment
- Data analytics, visualization and analysis, parallel I/O, identify needs and define requirements for handling large (100 terabyte+), data sets, mesh generation, parallel and performance analysis tools, code profiling, code optimization, code porting to new architectures, Cross Domain Solutions, tactical HPC, and other emerging areas.
- Key Computational Functional Areas that may be supported include one or more of the following: Computational Electronics, Networking and Systems/C4I (ENS), Space and Astrophysical Sciences (SAS), Data and Decision Analytics (DDA), Integrated Modeling and Test Environments (IMT), Signal/Image Processing (SIP)
- Develop innovative algorithms and improve existing high performance computing codes of ground-breaking physics-based models and simulations using state-of-the-art programming methods.
- Remain current with emerging technologies to improve group capabilities.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.