Senior Program Controls Specialist
An experienced Program Controls Specialist is sought to join BAE Systems Platforms and Services Program Controls Team to work within its CAS Enterprise Program Controls/ Program Management system supporting on-going Program operations, including but not limited to current and future programs. BAE’s current program portfolio includes several multi-year programs to include the U.S. Army’s Acquisition Program of Record. These programs are based in the design, development, production, support, maintenance, modernization and upgrades of armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor with operations in multiple CAS Sites. In addition to managing the on-going requirements of its programs, the Program Controls / Performance Measurement System is integrated with the Financial Systems to provide information required for near-term and long-term planning of the laboratory resource needs.
Under limited direction, the selected individual will be responsible for planning and implementing highly complex cost and planning program control functions and systems for various size and types of programs conditioned on requirements as defined by the US Department of Defense (DOD) and the BAE York CAS Program Directorates. Oversee the work, resources, and dollars using program controls tools drawing from advanced understanding of program management methodology, program control principles, and hands-on experience with planning and cost processing software. Interface with multiple specialists or analysts, and other Program Controls Specialists in the development of templates, serving as a planning and cost processing tool expert, and advising division/program managers on the trends and progress of their plans and schedules. Responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly trend and Earned Value (EV) performance reports (IPMR/CPR’s), processing updates to the Estimate to Complete (EAC) and implementing baseline revisions.
Position can be filled in York, PA or Sterling Heights, MI.
Respect, understand and value individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
Abide by all environmental, safety, and health regulations.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline plus 5 years of relevant Program Controls/Program Management experience.
- Subject Matter Expert with Program Controls/ Program Management processes, as applied on developmental engineering and production programs, including but not limited to risk management, financial management, work breakdown structures, change management, cost estimating, configuration management and system surveillance, operations, and procurement.
- Experience in Implementing EVMS Systems
- Experience in EVMS Site Validations, Joint Surveillance Audits, System Surveillance Reviews
- Experience leading Integrated Baseline Reviews
- Experience working in a matrixed environment and experience interfacing with high level internal and external government leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to support program managers and their control account managers with the use and maintenance of program controls systems and outputs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage resource loaded schedules, including but not limited to schedule statusing, reporting, variance analysis, and change control.
- Expertise in understanding and using Earned Value Management concepts and processes.
- Experience leading groups and teams on large programs in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in directing, training, and mentoring junior staff in program controls systems and tools.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, including working in a semi-structured environment with the skill to develop and implement new processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with both technical and non-technical staff.
- 4+ years in Microsoft Project, Open Plan.
- Experience with Cobra Data Integration Tools, or equivalent (MPM or Cost Manager).
- Experience with wInsight/APEX Reporting Tools
- Experience with Manufacturing Requirements Planning Systems (MRP)
- Strong understanding and use of Excel and Share Point
- Familiarity with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations, ANSI-748-C, EVMIG, and NDIA Intent Guides.
- Program Controls/Program Management certification(s) are desirable.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top