Senior Program Control Systems Analyst
An experienced Program Controls Specialist is sought to join BAE Systems Platforms and Services Program Controls Team in York, PA to work within its CAS Enterprise Program Controls/ Program Management system supporting on-going Program operations, including but not limited to current and future programs. BAE York's current program portfolio includes several large-scale, multi-year programs for the U.S. Army. These programs are based in the design, development, production, support, maintenance, modernization and upgrades o armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor with operations in multiple CAS Sites. In addition to managing the on-going requirements of its programs, the Program Controls / Performance Measurement System is integrated with the Financial Systems to provide information required for near-term and long-term planning of the laboratory resource needs.
Under limited direction, the selected individual will be responsible for planning and implementing highly complex cost and planning program control functions and systems for various size and types of programs conditioned on requirements as defined by the US Department of Defense (DOD) and the BAE York CAS Program Directorates. Oversee the work, resources, and dollars using program controls tools drawing from advanced understanding of program management methodology, program control principles, and hands-on experience with planning and cost processing software. The position will be heavily oriented to driving business cycles processes and utilizing integrated performance measurement systems to develop contractual program control based CDRLs. The resource will lead junior specialists or analysts, and interface with other Program Controls Specialists in the development of templates, serving as a planning and cost processing tool expert, and advising division/program managers on the trends and progress of their plans and schedules. Responsible for the preparation and analysis of monthly trend and Earned Value (EV) performance reports (IPMR), processing updates to the Estimate to Complete (EAC) and implementing baseline revisions.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline and 6 years of Program Controls/ Program Management experience; or a Master degree and 3 years of experience.
- 6+ years of experience with Deltek Cobra Data Integration Tools.
- 6+ Years of experience with wInsight/APEX Reporting Tools
- 3+ Years of experience with Manufacturing Requirements Planning Systems (MRP)
- 2+ years of experience with Planning Tools, preferably Open Plan, but also Microsoft Project
- Strong understanding and use of Excel and Share Point
- Knowledge of Program Controls/ Program Management processes, as applied on developmental engineering and production programs, including but not limited to risk management, financial management, work breakdown structures, change management, cost estimating, configuration management and system surveillance, operations, and procurement.
- Experience with the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations and EVMSIG.
- Program Controls/Program Management certification(s) are desirable.
- Experience using Earned Value Management concepts and processes.
- Experience in EVMS Joint Surveillance Audits
- Experience participating in Integrated Baseline Reviews
- Experience working in a matrixed environment and experience interfacing with high level internal and external government leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to support program managers and their control account managers with the use and maintenance of program controls systems and outputs.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, including working in a semi-structured environment with the skill to develop and implement new processes and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability and willingness to work additional hours beyond the normal work day when required to meet deadlines.
- Ability to legally operate cars and light trucks.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally by commercial air carrier.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance if Required
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top