Senior Product Engineer - Electrical (EE)
BAE Systems is seeking an Senior Product Engineering candidate to support our Laser Systems production for the New Hampshire STS factories. In Survivability, Targeting & Sensing Solutions (STS), we provide affordable and highly accurate precision-guided munitions, helmet-mounted and head-up displays for fighter aircrafts, and advanced electro-optical/laser technology that detect and defeat threats to air and ground platforms.
This position requires the individual to have a well-rounded background with knowledge of building, testing and troubleshooting electro-optical equipment. They should also have hands on experience with electrical and electro-optical elements, lasers and optical based products, as well as test equipment for supporting our production environment. Candidate will apply knowledge of electronics, optics, lasers and best manufacturing practices in this role. Candidate will also support the manufacturing, repair and continuous improvement efforts related to complex electrical products and test equipment used in Space and Military environments.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Experience with using electrical instrumentation/analyzers to troubleshoot production builds.
- Must be able to identify opportunities for manufacturing improvements, cost reductions and next generation technologies that could impact competitiveness.
- Interface with Systems Engineering, Operations, Quality, Procurement and other support groups to find root cause of non-conforming products
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering or relevant engineering degree plus 4 years of work experience
Experience working with electrical and electro-optics and basic electronics. Candidate should be familiar with laser drivers, optical sensors, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers and signal generators
- Experience with laser alignments and interferometry
- Familiarity with test equipment and calibration process
- Must be a US citizen eligible for a DoD security clearance and will be subject to a security investigation
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top