Senior Process Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides sustaining engineering, process development and new process implementation through hands-on problem solving, data analyses and application of engineering, Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principles to improve product flow and product yields. This position is to support first shift STS (Sustainability, Targeting and Sensing Solutions) factory operations.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develops new processes and identifies and implements changes in product flow to support the production ramp-up of STS products through application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Participates in and documents customer corrective action requests using 9 Step problem solving methodology. Performs Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material and determination of root cause/corrective action.
- Defines and specifies the requirement for assembly tooling, fixtures and equipment to support current manufacturing operations and recommends changes for production ramp-ups.
- Identifies capital equipment needs based on production volume and evaluation of industry trends to improve product quality and consistency.
- Supports the implementation of new automation assembly equipment including programming, process qualifications and supporting tooling design through the tooling group. Additional responsibilities include implementation of Total Production Maintenance (TPM) to minimize equipment down time and reduce process variation and the use of PFMEAs to identify process controls to prevent production problems.
- Participates in design reviews for product and process compatibility. Recommends product design and material changes based on improved manufacturing techniques; provides labor and process engineering costs required for proposal activities utilizing historical data and learning curve techniques.
- Applies Six Sigma tools to solve production problems and improve existing processes. Uses poke yoke principles to prevent production problems.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or other related discipline.
Required Skills and Education
- Applicable experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel at all levels, customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability in applying SPC, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Solid skills in problem solving, statistics, manufacturing quality, and quality principles
- Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt is a plus.
- Has previous experience working on Space products
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top