Senior Process Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Process Engineer for their Austin, Texas facility. In this role you will provide Process Engineering floor support, guidance and instruction to operators in support of Circuit Card Manufacturing.
Performs Quality Assurance activities using technical knowledge of generally used CCA Surface Mount practices and monitors related functions to ensure implementation of all contract requirements and the achievement of equipment performance within cost and schedule requirements.
Support Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material and determination of root cause/corrective action.
Perform quality audits of hardware, feedback on defects, and track progress.
Perform coaching, training, and qualification for operators. Ensure timely disposition of hardware and assure thorough root cause analysis of discrepant materials. Maintain assigned projects and tasks to ensure timely completion of required needs.
In this role you will develop new process technologies and approaches to support manufacturing requirements. Make independent decisions to resolve a wide range of technical problems. Lead projects and assume responsibility for technical, schedule and cost performance. Forecasts capital equipment requirements based on the evaluation of industry trends and manufacturing conditions and utilizes statistical tools to establish robust process capabilities for all processes.
You will also provide support in the transitioning of designs to the manufacturing phase and monitors designs for compliance to design rules, standards and procedures in order to provide consistency in designs and manufacturing process.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience
- Experience in circuit card assembly (CCA) from component preparation through conformal coat
- Must be familiar with IPC-A-610/J-STD-001 class 3 requirements.
- Must have knowledge of requirements of AS9100C including sell off and FAI requirements.
- Must exhibit initiative and be able to demonstrate completing assigned tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrate leadership necessary to obtain results.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to travel to visit suppliers and customers.
Preferred Skills and Education
Preferred Skills and Education
- Works well in team environment
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Controls
- Strong problem solving skills
- Data Collection and Analysis skills
- Root Cause and Corrective Action methodology knowledge
- Strong analytical Skills
-Industry Experience in Defense Electronics Manufacturing
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top