Senior Principle Systems Enginner
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to work on our DCGS-N and Code 532 programs. The candidate will support these programs working in the SPAWAR integration and development labs conducting development, integration and test of GCCS-I3 software. Duties may also include install, integrate, test, and troubleshoot DCGS-N GCCS-I3 systems on U.S. Navy platforms. General responsibilities include program support as the GCCS / GCCS-I3 Subject Matter Expertise (SME) with advanced knowledge of I3 applications.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar technical degree with computer science experience.
- Advanced knowledge of GCCS-I3 software and applications.
- Knowledge of Navy server/client system architectures.
- Knowledge UNIX, Red Hat Linux, Solaris 10, Windows 7, Windows 2008 operating systems.
- Good problem solving IT skills, test, and troubleshooting skills.
- Network understanding (Gigabit Ethernet, routers & switches).
- Ability to communicate (verbal & written) with Navy customers to include other Navy contractors.
- Ability to communicate (verbal & written) with Software developers and Systems engineers.
- IA Security+ Certification (minimum) and with Solaris and Windows OS certifications.
- Ability to travel. Preferred Skills and Education -Knowledge of DCGS-N & CANES systems hardware and software.
- Knowledge and skills to support integrating DCGS-N and GCCS systems with other systems in support of the Navy fleet and ashore sites (GCCS-I3, JTT, IPL, MIDB, etc).
- Knowledge of Database systems (Sybase and MySQL). About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top