Senior Principle Software Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to perform software engineering activities for a variety of programs in flight control, engine controls & cabin systems for commercial & military applications.
Duties and responsibilities involve the following:
1. Assists in the development and allocation of software requirements. Allocate requirements to software, develop software requirements, evaluate the impact of requirements changes, lead others in this task, and interact with customers regarding requirements.
2. Develop software design and design documentation or lead others in this task.
3. Construct software efficiently which meets identified needs (e.g., reusability, portability) in an efficient way or lead others in this task.
4. Reviews and prepares documentation for complex software designs in accordance with established software development processes and procedures. May run tests, evaluate results, debug defects, or lead others in these tasks. Participate in planning verification and validation activities.
5. Verifies complex software designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements. May run or participate in work product reviews and inspections.
6. Develop code and integrate complex software designs.
7. Estimates software level of effort and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
8. Assists in the preparation of proposals and presentations.
9. Assists in the development of technical proposals/solutions.
10. May perform evaluations/trade studies for complex engineering development tools. May perform complex engineering development tool design; development; maintenance; testing; piloting; tool customization; integration with other tools; project insertion, and/or on-going support efforts.
Candidates should possess strong communication skills both written and oral. Candidates should also demonstrate sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Requires Bachelors degree and 12+ years of experience in full life-cycle software development including requirements, design, code, integration and verification
- Strong C/C++ programming experience
- Strong debugging skills
- Familiar with requirements management/traceability
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with customers/vendors
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred:
- Experience with the Green Hills IDE/debugger/emulators
- Experience developing BSP and device drivers
- Experience with various processor architectures (Intel, PowerPC, ARM)
- Strong HW/SW integration skills in a lab environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions to process and/or technical challenges
- Experience with Java, Python, Perl languages
- Experience leading a small team of engineers About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top