Senior Principle Software Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking talented, experienced Software Engineers to join our C4ISR Systems rapidly growing work force. If you are someone who wants to make a difference and be part of a collaborative team that works to build innovative products to protect our warfighter, BAE Systems is the place for you. At BAE Systems Electronic Systems, our mission is "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." You can be part of the team that brings our soldiers home safe.
Our New Jersey location provides critical products and technologies for our C4ISR (Command, Control, Communications, Computers, intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance) and ECS (Electronic Warfare Solutions) business areas. Our state of the art engineering solutions ensure you're at the leading edge of technology development.
We are seeking senior level Communications and Electronic Warfare (EW) Software Engineers to protect our military personnel by designing and developing mission-critical software for Software Defined Radio and EW solutions. You will ensure that our software meets stringent government requirements and desired specifications, considering the constraints of budgets, aggressive schedules and rigorous processes to ensure quality. Perform software development tasks that include the full lifecycle of the product including: requirements gathering, design, code, and unit test for both real-time embedded systems and the software tools needed to test, integrate, and validate them at the system level. Apply object oriented concepts utilizing the C++ programming language.
Be part of a dynamic team supporting multiple product lines with programs ranging from 3 to 100 people. Our diverse set of programs range from demonstrating proof-of-concept prototypes, to delivering quick reaction capabilities, to meeting emerging military needs, to developing and sustaining our operational systems for decades. Bring your experience with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and quantitative management and your innovative spirit to help us meet our country's most pressing military needs now and in the future.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience must be with software development efforts in a team environment.
- Experience developing software and tools for state of the art mission-critical communications and networking systems.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and Code with C++ implementation
- Experience with configuration control of software in a large development environment
- US citizenship and the ability to successfully obtain a Secret clearance
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong C++ programming skills in desktop applications and embedded environments
- Experience in designing user interfaces and workflows and the use of open source development tools
- Experience in communications and signal processing domains with algorithm implementation experience.
- Ability to estimate cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work, change requests, or other documentation related to a new or modified program proposal.
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers
- Current Secret clearance and ability to successfully obtain special program clearances
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top