Senior Principle Network Engineer II
BAE Systems is searching for a Principle Network Engineer in our Austin, TX location to design and implement complex networking solutions over a large enterprise level network. Troubleshoots difficult or chronic problems and identifies both short and long term solutions. The person will define network standards and create documentation to support these standards. In addition this person will should have technical leadership and communication skills to interface with other Information Technology teams.
- Designs and plans WAN, LAN and datacenter network communications systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conducts testing of network design.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, load balancers, Wide Area Optimization devices, switches etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Provides technical leadership.
- Ensure that the BAE Systems WAN, LAN and datacenters are operating efficiently and optimal, so that all service level agreements (SLAs) are achieved.
- Lead medium and large size project initiatives and provides technical expertise to network staff. Develop diagrams of networks using standard templates to illustrate solutions to customers and technical
- Identify customer requirements and design moderately complex network systems.
- Lead or participate in planning and assessment project phases and lead/assist with project design/implementation phases.
- Conduct feasibility studies and participates in the development of technical standards and documentation.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Independent thinker
- Technical team leader
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to team members
- Ability to interface with other IT teams
- Evaluate customer requirements and provide guidance to management regarding best course of action
- Assess existing or new network requirements and determine the best network design
- Ability to design and troubleshoot complex data networks including datacenters and WAN’s
- Hardware experience with Nexus 9K, A10 load balancers, latest Cisco WAN and LAN hardware
Preferred Skills and Education Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert certification About BAE Systems, Inc. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top