Senior Principle Communications Software Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a senior level Communications Software Engineer to protect our military personnel by designing and developing mission-critical software for communications, navigation and networking solutions. You will ensure that our software meets stringent government requirements and desired specifications, considering the constraints of budgets, aggressive schedules and rigorous processes to ensure quality. Perform software development tasks that include the full lifecycle of the product including: requirements gathering, design, code, and unit test for both real-time embedded systems and the software tools needed to test, integrate, and validate them at the system level. Apply object oriented concepts utilizing the C++ programming language.
Be part of a dynamic team supporting multiple product lines with programs ranging from 3 to 100 people. Our diverse set of programs range from demonstrating proof-of-concept prototypes, to delivering quick reaction capabilities, to meeting emerging military needs, to developing and sustaining our operational systems for decades. Bring your experience with industry best practices, emerging technologies, and quantitative management and your innovative spirit to help us meet our country's most pressing military needs now and in the future.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field with 12+ years of experience OR a Master's Degree with 10+ years of experience. Experience must be with software development efforts in a team environment.
- Experience developing software and tools for state of the art mission-critical communications and networking systems.
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and Code with C++ implementation
- Experience with configuration control of software in a large development environment
- US citizenship and the ability to successfully obtain a Secret clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong C++ programming skills in desktop applications and embedded environments
- Experience in designing user interfaces and workflows and the use of open source development tools
- Experience in communications and signal processing domains with algorithm implementation experience.
- Ability to estimate cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work, change requests, or other documentation related to a new or modified program proposal.
- Experience leading a team of Software Engineers
- Current Secret clearance and ability to successfully obtain special program clearances
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top