Senior Principal Test Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a motivated Systems Engineer to provide technical leadership in Test Equipment Engineering activities such as developing and managing test equipment requirements, design of ATE's (Autmated Test Equipment) and TPS (Test Program Sets), and performing systems level integration/test for validation both LRU (Line Replaceable Units) and SRU (Shop Replaceable Units) hardware.
Duties and responsibilities involve the following:
- Design, Implementation and Integration of ATE and TPS for testing of Avionics hardware.
- Troubleshooting both Hardware and Software to determine root cause of test failures.
- Develop, allocate and manage system level requirements.
- Verify and validate moderately complex aspects of systems designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Prepare and/or review documentation for designs and architectures in accordance with established systems development processes and procedures. Documentation includes:
- Acceptance Test Procedures, Technical Manuals, Test Requirements, Test Reports, Interface Control Drawings, Software Requirements.
- Identifying, procuring, receiving quotes for part/subassemblies required for Test Equipment build.
- Plans and manages team resources and schedules
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Background in Automatic Test Systems development for avionics products from requirements to integration and test to sell-off.
- Proficient in ATE Design and development of TPS (Test Program Sets) for testing of LRUs and SRUs.
- Experience in reading/using schematics, assembly drawings, wire lists and parts list, etc., in support of design/debug/repair of ATE Stations and TPS hardware/software.
- Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation.
- Experience in integrating electronic equipment including hardware/software for:
- Power Supplies
- Power Meters
- Digital and Analog I/O
- Temperature control and chambers
- Experience in leading technical solutions and a team of test engineers
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a cross functional environment.
- Experience with optical and laser applications: Laser source controls, cameras, optical tables/benches, and other optical measurement instrumentation
- Experience with electrical testing applications and general knowledge of electronic hardware.
- Understanding the need for and be an advocate of disciplined approaches (requirements, processes, and practices)
- Experience with the application of industry standards related to testing
- Working knowledge of test solution hardware development (test adapters, cables, and interface modules)
- Skilled in test solution software and hardware integration
- Have a clear understanding of test architectures and software abstractions
- Possess good communication skills including interpersonal communication and team communication
- Be capable of collaboration, conformance, and compromise on departmental special projects and initiatives
- Have a closure-oriented and self-directed nature
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top