Senior Principal SW Engineer
BAE Systems is seeking a talented Sr. Principal Software Engineer with experience developing cutting-edge software for Space and Defense Applications. BAE Systems' Space Systems group has recently been awarded some exciting new space programs, and is continuing to grow our space applications business with more stimulating new opportunities in the near future. We are looking for Software Engineers who can function as individual contributors and are interested in leadership roles. You have an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of these new programs and become a member of our team working across multiple disciplines and collaborating with System, Hardware, and Test engineers performing Project Planning, Requirements Development, Design, Development, Integration and Testing.
Candidates should have a strong background in C/C++ embedded systems development for space applications. Experience with NASA CFS a plus. Work will be as part of small teams, and will require communication and coordination with team members.
Candidates should be capable of developing solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. A successful candidate exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
On top of numerous diverse and challenging career opportunities, BAE offers flexible schedules (including every other Friday off), competitive compensation, and an excellent benefit package that includes tuition reimbursement.
Selected candidates are exposed to the full software development lifecycle, from requirements development through integration and testing.
- Coding and testing complex software programs
- Integration testing, algorithm & data analysis, and software troubleshooting
- Performing real-time, embedded software development
- Utilizing Windows PC and Linux-based software development environment and PowerPC target and test environment
- Software lead responsibilities on moderately-sized projects (including schedule definition and status, Control Account Manager (CAM), and software development process compliance)
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- C or C++
- Bachelor's degree in CS (Computer Science), CE (Computer Engineering), ECS (Electrical and Computer Science), or other Scientific degree with suitable software engineering content.
- Must be a US Citizen
- 8 or more years of experience
- Must be able to obtain Top Secret clearance
- PowerPC/Power Architecture
- VxWorks OS (6.9 or later) including Board Support Package (BSP) and device driver (VXBus GEN 2) development
- Green Hills INTEGRITY BSP and device driver development
- Assembly Language (PowerPC)
- Makefile development/build (e.g., GNU 'make' utility)
- Linker file development experience (e.g., building object files targeted for embedded hardware)
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top