Senior Principal Software Engineer with Cybersecurity Focus
BAE Systems - FAST Labs is seeking a Senior Principal Software Engineer with Cybersecurity Focus.
Today's warfighters and intelligence analysts are overwhelmed with data and tasks from a variety of unmanned vehicle systems. Our software helps the warfighter become more effective and efficient in operating groups of unmanned vehicles by developing revolutionary mission management technologies to automate and offload manual control of unmanned assets for many customers in the defense industry. We solve the most difficult problems our country faces so that we can keep our country and our warfighter safe.
If you are a technologist who loves design, write, integrate, and test cutting edge software based around challenging algorithms, this is the career opportunity for you. The FAST Labs business area is the innovative research and development engine within the Electronic Systems Sector of BAE Systems.
This position primarily supports the FAST Labs Cyber Technology (CT) Product Line. CT's focus areas include cyber vulnerability research; automated reverse engineering; cyber-attack prediction; insider threat detection; autonomous systems; development of technology to defend hosts, networks, enterprises, vehicles, Internet of Things, SCADA systems, and cyber-physical systems from cyber threats.
As a Senior Principal Software Engineer in the FAST Labs Engineering Directorate, you will:
1. Lead in the development of complex software architecture and designs.
2. Lead in the evaluation of complex software designs to identify design flaws.
3. Manage the technical success of medium sized teams (5-10 people) providing solutions that are highly innovative.
4. Mentor and train junior staff in software engineering and development industry best practices and process.
5. Actively support external project interactions with other companies.
6. Contribute to and review software sections of medium sized proposals and provides costing information for those sections.
Qualified candidates will also possess knowledge of software architectures, software industry best practices, and emerging software technologies.
As a member of the Software Engineering Directorate, you will have opportunities to continue developing strong and increasingly complex software skills and stay current in the software discipline. The organization focuses on career development of our software engineers and advancement of the craft of software engineering. You will be working alongside other highly motivated engineers passionate about software and protecting our military service personnel.
This position may require occasional travel up to 10% of the time to support integration and test events.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Current US Citizenship and eligible for a Security Clearance is required
• Object-Oriented language experience (C++ or Java)
• Software development experience in a Linux environment
• Excellent team player who is willing to contribute in any capacity and assume full ownership (imperfections and all) of their work
• Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities, willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks
• Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Solid experience leading exploratory research and development efforts including monitoring and guidance of team member activities
• Solid experience presenting to technical audiences
• Solid analytic and project and personnel leadership skills
• Strong writing and presentation skills
• Equally effective communication with lifelong academics, government customers, and professional engineers
Preferred Skills and Education
- Secret, Top Secret or SCI (Sensitive Compartmented Information) clearances highly desired
- Experience designing and/or implementing cybersecurity technology
- Research and development experience for Government Clients
- Current Java software development experience on Windows or Linux
- Current C++ software development experience on Windows or Linux
- Full Life-Cycle Software Development experience
- Proficiency with software build tools such as Jenkins, Subversion, CMake and Ant
- Experience with artifact distribution technologies such as Docker
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top