Senior Principal Software Engineer II
The BAE Systems Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise(DI2E) Architecture Support Team Program is tasked to provide architecture, security, metrics, standards selection and prototyping, and related support to assist DoD/IC to promote interoperability among the DCGS Programs of Record (PoRs), the broader Defense Intelligence Information Environment (Joint Intelligence Operation Centers, Combatant Commands), DoD's Joint Information Environment (JIE), and the IC Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE).
We are seeking a senior-level enterprise software developer to lead efforts for prototyping DI2E Enterprise interface specifications and test harnesses, lead technical Plugfest/Mashup collaboration between Industry and Govt programs, review of standards and specifications related artifacts. Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of direct DOD or IC program related experience, SOA implementation background, and experience presenting complex topics to senior government leadership.
Work is typically performed in Reston, VA area with occasional local travel.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- BS in Computer Science or Systems Engineering related technical area plus 10 years of experience OR 14 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Strong interpersonal engagement skills and the ability to work with a variety of senior- and mid-level government staff, technical subject matter experts, and supporting engineers.
- Effective technical writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle simultaneous assignments and lead key program initiatives.
- Extensive DoD/IC and enterprise software development background, knowledge of TCPED/ISR operations and architecture, and knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and web service orchestration concepts and principles.
- Experience with rapid prototyping / advanced concept research and development
- Experience with software lifecycle engineering and management.
- MS in Computer Science or related technology
- 15+ years of experience developing loosely-coupled software (SOAP, REST) in DoD and IC systems.
- DoD background, knowledge of DoD TCPED/ISR operations and architecture, security implementation in a web service based environment, software development management experience, and leading key program design/development initiatives.
- Understanding of JIE and IC ITE reference architectures
- Experience with DCGS Programs of Record, JIOC/COCOM operations, or sensor programs.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud, prototyping all strongly preferred
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top