Senior Principal Semiconductor Engineer II
BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Principle Semiconductor Engineer II to join the Advanced Microwave Product Center (located in Nashua, NH) as a technology leader in the III-V semiconductor wafer foundry.
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in
the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our
differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to
change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We
Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to
be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Successful candidates must be able to lead team efforts in advanced device and process development, new process integration, as well as implementation and qualification of developed technologies in a multi-technology foundry environment. The candidate should have a strong background in semiconductor process integration as related to III-V materials. In-depth knowledge in GaN RF devices and related processing is strongly preferred. Multi-tasking is expected in our fast-paced environment with delivery commitments to both internal and external customers. The desired applicants will have demonstrated experience in business capture, including idea formulation, customer briefing, and proposal writing. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay, benefits, and important work-life balance initiatives including every other Friday Off, Flextime, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- In-depth knowledge of semiconductor device physics, in particular with microwave field effect transistor operation
- Track record of concept development and realization of innovative device designs and process solutions
- Strong understanding of industry trends as applicable to technology road map definition
- Ability to multi-task, functioning both as individual contributor and as team leader in multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute projects within budget and schedule constraints
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience in III-V semiconductor advanced process development
- Experience with semiconductor device electrical characterization (DC, RF)
- Ability to perform job functions in wafer foundry clean-room environment
- MS in semiconductor related fields and 6+ years of work experience; or PhD in semiconductor related fields and 3+ years of work experience
- In-depth working knowledge of GaN-based RF devices highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in technical proposal writing and track record of program capture
- Strong background in statistical data analysis and interpretation
- Experience with JMP software
- Experience with PROMIS software
- Knowledge in device failure analysis and related analytical tools (e.g. SEM, FIB, TEM, etc.)
- Experience with device finite-element modeling (electrical and thermal) a plus
- US citizenship preferred, clearance eligible
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top