Senior Principal Semiconductor Engineer II
BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Principle Semiconductor Engineer to join the Advanced Microwave Product Center (located in Nashua, NH) as a technology leader in the III-V semiconductor wafer foundry.
Successful candidates must be able to lead team efforts in advanced device and process development, new process integration, as well as implementation and qualification of developed technologies in a multi-technology foundry environment.
The qualified candidate should have:
- A strong background in semiconductor process integration as related to III-V materials.
- In-depth knowledge in GaN RF devices and related processing (strongly preferred).
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, while managing with delivery commitments to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated experience in business capture, including idea formulation, customer briefing, and proposal writing.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- In-depth knowledge of semiconductor device physics, in particular with microwave field effect transistor operation
- Track record of concept development and realization of innovative device designs and process solutions
- Strong understanding of industry trends as applicable to technology road map definition
- Ability to multi-task, functioning both as individual contributor and as team leader in multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute projects within budget and schedule constraints
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience in III-V semiconductor advanced process development
- Experience with semiconductor device electrical characterization (DC, RF) Ability to perform job functions in wafer foundry clean-room environment
- MS in semiconductor related fields and 13+ years of work experience; or PhD in semiconductor related fields
- 10+ years of work experience In-depth working knowledge of GaN-based RF devices highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in technical proposal writing and track record of program capture
- Strong background in statistical data analysis and interpretation
- Experience with JMP software Experience with PROMIS software
- Knowledge in device failure analysis and related analytical tools (e.g. SEM, FIB, TEM, etc.)
- Experience with device finite-element modeling (electrical and thermal) a plus
- US citizenship preferred, clearance eligible
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top