Senior Principal Program Planner
- Huntsville, AL
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you with a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first -exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
The Program Planning team is a trusted business partner, providing information and innovative solutions for decision-making that is critical to delivering quality products and capabilities to our customers and, ultimately, the warfighter. We are committed to employee growth and development, encouraging employees to build a long-term career here
at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day-to-day assignments, employees are provided opportunities to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs, networking events and job rotation opportunities, providing a diverse exposure to other areas of the organization. These opportunities could be in the areas of Program Planning Functional Management, Program Management, Risk Management, Finance, Contracts and Operations, to name just a few.
Join the BAE Systems Program Planning team as a Senior Principal Planner, supporting the dynamic and challenging Precision Strike & Sensing Solutions business area (PS3). As part of our Program Excellence organization, you will work closely with the Program Management and Risk Management teams to coordinate and execute key critical planning support on our Defense Industry programs.
The individual selected for this exciting and challenging position would be recognized as a Master Planning Senior Principal, Subject Matter Expert (SME) who demonstrates proficiency in all planning tools and processes. You will actively work with your program team, Program Excellence leadership and cross-functional program teams to deliver effective and timely solutions to support the organizations planning and execution needs on both proposals and programs. This career advancing role will provide you exposure within the DoD/Aerospace industry and promote career growth within the field.
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Proactively engages in program execution as the planning Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Facilitate the development of Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) that will guide program execution and serve as the basis for Earned Value performance.
- Ability to understand and communicate with senior management regarding program schedule performance
- Understanding of risk & opportunity management best practices including Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA)
- Provide independent solutions to optimize low risk schedule performance
- Identify measureable schedule metric trends and provide corrective actions
- Develop and update program Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)/Integrated Master Plans (IMP)
- Possess a thorough understanding of US DoD schedule policies and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) requirements
- Ensure that schedules are fully compliant with company, customer, and industry requirements - Integrated Program Management Data and Analysis Report (IPMDAR) DI-MGMT-81861B
- Participate in sector and company functional activities including training, surveillance, tool evaluation, policy reviews, process management, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Support Independent Cost Evaluation (ICE) and Phase Review team reviews through schedule performance analysis
- Mentor and train Program Planners and program/proposal teams in effective schedule development
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in, Operations, Technical field of study, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar applicable discipline; or equivalent experience, and eight (8) years of planning/scheduling experience; or a Master's Degree and six (6) years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and experience with Deltek Cobra
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence and lead diverse teams and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage a multi-tasked workload in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make decisions with sound judgment while complying with policies and procedures
- Ability to challenge and improve knowledge of industry practices and standards as well as company policies
- Experience with scheduling tools such as forProject-DCMA Analyzer, Milestones Professional, Barbecana Full Monte Schedule Risk, and WBS Pro
- Six Sigma Green Belt or equivalent certification
- Experience with Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA)
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top