Senior Principal Power Electronics Engineer
BAE Systems is hiring for a Power Electronics Engineer.
This position can be located either in Endicott, NY or Los Angeles, CA.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
The qualified candidate will have interest, skills and experience in the design of Power Electronics for use in aerospace flight control systems, engine control systems, flight deck, cabin systems and ground vehicle drive systems.
Activities would include design of DC/DC and AC/DC high reliability power electronics in the 20W to 500W output power range for use in severe operating environments. Circuit design tasks consists of part selection, schematic capture, PWB creation support, performance analysis and simulation and design verification testing.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience with switching power supply converter topologies such as the Buck, Boost, Flyback, Forward, Push-Pull, Half-Bridge, Cuk, Sepic, etc
- Magnetics design experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of electronic power devices such as MOSFETs, Schottky Diodes, IGBT's'
- Good understanding of control loop analysis
- Experience with design analysis tools such as PSPICE, MathCad,
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience with synchronous rectification
- multi-phase converters, resonant converters, current fed converters, advanced packaging techniques
- Experience with radiation hardened, SEE immune design applications
- Experience with MIL -STD-704 and RTCA/DO-160
- Experience with EMI Filtering and Lightning Protection
- Digital design/embedded control experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top