Senior Principal Power Electronics Engineer
It's about the journey. Whether it's a bus ride or flight, our commercial electronic systems help transport millions of passengers every day. Every second a plane takes off somewhere in the world, enabled by our flight-critical products. On the ground, our electric and hybrid solutions save more than 22 million gallons of fuel per year. Be part of our journey at Electronic Systems where you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
In Controls & Avionics Solutions, you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics - whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management.
Senior Principal Power Electronics Engineer.
The qualified candidate will have interest, skills and experience in the design of Power Electronics for use in aerospace flight control systems, engine control systems, flight deck, cabin systems and ground vehicle drive systems.
Activities would include design of DC/DC and AC/DC high reliability power electronics in the 20W to 500W output power range for use in severe operating environments. Circuit design tasks consists of part selection, schematic capture, PWB creation support, performance analysis and simulation and design verification testing.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience with switching power supply converter topologies such as the Buck, Boost, Flyback, Forward, Push-Pull, Half-Bridge, Cuk, Sepic, etc
- Magnetics design experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of electronic power devices such as MOSFETs, Schottky Diodes, IGBT's'
- Good understanding of control loop analysis
- Experience with design analysis tools such as PSPICE, MathCad,
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience with synchronous rectification
- multi-phase converters, resonant converters, current fed converters, advanced packaging techniques
- Experience with radiation hardened, SEE immune design applications
- Experience with MIL -STD-704 and RTCA/DO-160
- Experience with EMI Filtering and Lightning Protection
- Digital design/embedded control experience
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top