Senior Principal Network Security Engineer
- Albuquerque, NM
BAE Systems, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Principal Network Security Engineer for the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position will support the Space and Missile Systems Center Innovation and Prototyping Directorate (SMC/DCIO) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers in Albuquerque, NM.
- Oversees the cyber-related activities of Network Administrators and engineers on the program.
- Monitors, analyzes, and troubleshoots to diagnose issues, ensuring that the cybersecurity architecture and design of the customer's systems are functional and secure with the ability to protect, detect, and respond.
- Supports cybersecurity activities for space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements of the space enterprise by identifying risks, issues, and interdependencies between system elements, contracts and stakeholders.
- Captures, analyzes, and baselines network traffic for troubleshooting and future-capacity planning
- Collects, analyzes, and organizes data required to assist in development and production of customized networking strategies in classified and unclassified environments.
- Provides network and application modeling support and reporting to ensure new applications function properly in the program environment.
- Defines system security requirements, assesses security architecture designs, and supports the development and sustainment of an enterprise Risk Management Framework (RMF) accreditation package through all lifecycle phases.
- Develops defensive cyberspace operations and incident response tactics, techniques and procedures to monitor and protect the system from cyber attacks.
Relocation assistance or a sign-on bonus may be available.
Required Skills and Education
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with continuing eligibility for SCI
- Master of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field with 12 years related experience, or Bachelor's degree with 14 years of experience
- CCNP-level Certification
- Data analysis, technical writing and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of employees and customer contacts.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Product Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Must be detail oriented with good judgment and strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to function alone and on a high-performing team with matrix management
- Able to communicate complex ideas in an operational environment
- Ideal candidate has a demonstrated record of success in contributing to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make key recommendations.
- Experience in network planning in a research and development environment
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top