Senior Principal Network Engineer
- Albuquerque, NM
BAE Systems is looking for a highly qualified and self-motivated Senior Principal Network Engineer to support the US Space Force (USSF) Space and Missile Systems Center Innovation and Prototyping Directorate (SMC/DCIO) for the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position directly supports experimental and operational satellite missions at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM.
This individual will be responsible for the monitoring and support of Network Infrastructure & Virtual Server Environments (Network Infrastructure: Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls, & VPN's) and (Server Environment: Servers, Storage Area Networks, & VMware) and be able to troubleshoot, install, implement and administer network systems. This individual will ensure planned testing activities are executed, develop network security guidelines and configure Cisco IOS equipment including routers, switches and firewalls. Network Monitoring will include analyzing network activity and problems to discover and prevent systematic errors.
- Functional team leader of engineers and technicians in accomplishing tasks ensuring daily mission capability
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establish team goals to meet objectives.
- Using and incorporating broad technical knowledge of the diverse business areas within the enterprise in the assessment of network engineering technologies, computing systems hardware and software protocols
- Provide the customer technical guidance and direction in the design and implementation of network solutions using advanced understanding of network theory and evaluating new technology
- Conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies, and internal studies of network performance and traffic analysis.
- Maintain the strategic interface of network systems configuration and troubleshooting system-wide issues
- Provide high-level technical advice and guidance to managers and technical resources on which network technologies can be utilized to meet current and future organizational needs.
- Recommend network design changes/enhancements for improved systems availability and performance.
- Use enterprise system monitoring and management tools. (Solar Winds, Wireshark, etc)
- Be responsible for designing, analyzing, planning, modifying, and maintaining networks and network components, hardware installation, & uninstalls of network switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc, in operational and test lab environments.
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with eligibility to obtain and maintain TS/SCI
- Must possess DoD 8570 baseline IAT Level II certification (Security + CE, CCNA)
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management, configuration control
- Record of success in contributing to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make key recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
- Bachelors degree plus five years' experience installing/configuring/troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirements.
Relocation assistance or signing bonus may be available
Preferred Skills and Education
- Advanced degree (Master's) in science and technology related disciplines such as Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Systems Engineering, and Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Additional CCNA/Cyber or CCNP/CISSP or IAT Level III equivalent certifications
- Seasoned communicator with demonstrated record of success in leadership, followership, and working with contract representatives and government sponsors.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top