Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer
BAE Systems' Electronic Systems (ES) sector is seeking a talented, motivated Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer who wants to join a diverse team at a dynamic company that values your technical excellence. At our Hudson,NH facility we design, develop and manufacture Signals Intelligence Payloads for the Department of Defense. Our company mission is "We protect those who protect us" and you will get an opportunity to apply and enhance your engineering skills in development of products whose primary purpose is to keep our warfighters safe.
As a Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer you would be a member of the Mechanical design and development group responsible for the design and development of SIGINT Products. This individual will be required to lead a team of Hardware Engineers supporting multiple programs.
Responsibilities would include the following:
- Must be a technical contributor to the design of mechanical products. Investigate and promote the use of new technologies.
- Responsible for development of Hardware according to the ES US Defense Hardware process.
- Responsible for the engineering build, test and evaluation of mechanical and hardware systems.
- Interface with customers on Hardware requirements development, systems requirements reviews (SRR), preliminary design reviews (PDR), and critical design reviews (CDR).
- Assist in developing project work breakdown structures, project schedules, and manpower loading and resource planning for multiple projects together with the Hardware Engineering Section Manager
- Recommend capital equipment for supporting programs .
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Ability to obtain a Secret level security clearance
- 8+ years of technical experience in the design of Mechanical Products for military applications.
- B.S.M.E. or M.S.M.E. degree or equivalent experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hardware and mechanical design for electrical enclosures
- Experience with Ansys or CREO a plus.
- Control Account Manager
- Experience developing Hardware in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Active Top Secret level security clearance, w/SCI
- Master's Degree and six (6) years' experience; or four (4) years and a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or a related scientific field
- Leadership experience preferred
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top