Senior Principal II Scientist
As a Senior Principal Scientist II in the Planning and Control Technologies (PCT) directorate you will apply your knowledge from the fields of Mathematics, Operations Research, Control, or Computer Science to lead the design and development of innovative concepts, algorithms, models, and architectures for state-of-the-art Mission Planning, Autonomy, and Control Technologies (MPACT) to enhance the effectiveness of our nation's most advanced weapon systems. MPACT provides mission level control of autonomous air, land, sea, and space vehicles and the sensors, weapons, communications, and other payloads they employ. Vehicles operate either independently, in teams, or as part of large swarms with human supervision ranging from tight control to full independence.
- Apply existing algorithms, principles, and concepts to the development of MPACT systems
- Develop new algorithms, principles, and concepts
- Interact directly with current and potential customers to understand their unique problems and guide research and development efforts to meet their needs
- Lead complex research projects overseeing activities of other personnel
- Independently set goals and objectives for research projects
- Oversee the prototyping and test of algorithms and solutions
- Work with software engineer leads to transition prototypes to robust applications
- Work with senior staff to support business development through identification of business opportunities, idea generation, proposal writing, and customer interactions
Planning and Control Technologies (PCT) is a directorate within the BAE Systems FAST Labs Fusion, Battle Management, and Computing technology group (FL FBC). PCT is a high growth, entrepreneurial organization that develops state-of the-art Mission Planning, Autonomy, and Control Technology components and systems for many customers in the defense industry. Today's warfighters and intelligence analysts are overwhelmed with data and tasks from a variety of manned and unmanned vehicle systems. PCT helps the warfighter become more effective and efficient in managing networks of heterogeneous vehicles and payloads (e.g., multi-INT surveillance, weapons, non-traditional ISR), by developing automation preforming tasks ranging from offloading manual asset control to enabling platforms to operate autonomously while abiding by physical and operational constraints.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Preferred Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top