Senior Principal II Nuclear
BAE Systems is looking for a well-qualified professional to join our team for an exciting opportunity to support the readiness and sustainment of the US Navy SSP program. The SSP System Program Office must ensure a safe, secure and reliable weapon system. This contract augments organic resources by providing breadth and depth of capabilities for system engineering and integration, risk management, technical assessment, acquisition program management, strategy development, organization and change management, interface with operations and logistics, business analysis, mission effectiveness, and Integrated Applications Programs. The Senior Principal II Nuclear Hardness Engineer will provide a combination of Nuclear Hardness-related Electrical Engineering and Management functions.
The successful candidate will:
1. Provide electrical engineering services to ensure SSP meets all nuclear hardness and survivability requirements, including recommended solutions for bonding, shielding, electromagnetic, and nuclear hardness applications in accordance with applicable MIL-STDs
2. Support Integrated Product Team efforts by contributing to systems engineering, electrical engineering, or logistical tasks
3. Provide highly technical expertise and guidance in solving complex problems in all phases of design analysis, development, integration and implementation
4. Perform problem solving in areas that require expertise and knowledge in areas of specialization and related fields
5. Evaluate plans, reports, requirements, and criteria from a technical perspective for a variety of technical activities and recommend alternatives as required to comply with customer and company obligations
6. Assist in the development of solutions to specific problems; establish technical approaches, select and pursue courses of action necessary to explore subject area and obtain required results, and assist with testing and test
7. Support the Nuclear Hardness and Survivability Team Lead and the Specialty Engineering Program Manager in the execution of their duties
8. Perform task management oversight and supervisory responsibilities for a small team of engineers and scientists
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Education and related skills/experience required: BS in Electrical Engineering or Physics from an ABET accredited college/university. 12+ years of experience all or part directly related to the Nuclear Hardness and Survivability (NH&S) with a BS; 10+ years of experience all or part directly related to NH&S with a MS; 8+ years of experience all or part directly related to NH&S with a PhD.
At least 6 years of progressive responsibility in providing technical leadership.
Experience directly related to various aspects of system design, configuration control, hardness assurance, etc. Experience with EMI / EMC / EMP mitigation.
Familiarity with EMP coupling to systems, analysis of effects from burnout to upset and familiarity with MIL-STD-2169, -188-125-1, -464, -461.
Must be able to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative and an ability to organize daily tasks with little or no supervision
Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with customers, team members, external vendors, and various levels of management
Must have experience in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience leading small teams (20 people or less)
Security clearance requirement: Obtain a U.S. Government Top Secret security clearance within the first few months from date of hire (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite; a current clearance is preferred, but not required)
Preferred Skills and Education
Highly desired but not required:
Strong familiarity with military technology, technical data, or ICBMs
Experience with EMI / EMC / EMP
Experience with electrical systems integration
Proficiency in MATLAB and problem solving using it
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top