Senior Principal II Electrical Engineer - Space Systems EOIR
BAE Systems is looking for experienced engineering professionals to join our established and rapidly expanding Space Systems Product Line in Hudson, NH and Manassas, VA. We are a premier provider of advanced high-reliability space payloads, electronics, sensors and subsystems with products that have enabled a wide variety of civil, commercial, and national security space missions for over 25 years. We are leading the way in the development of advanced optical sensors and laser communication solutions that enable our customers to deliver new mission capabilities to address evolving challenges and threats.
The Space Systems product line is seeking a Senior Principal II Electrical Design Engineer to architect advanced optical sensor and laser communication payloads.
We are looking for talented and motivated engineers for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. Candidates should have experience working on space based payloads. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of all hardware technologies needed for a complete optical payload, including knowledge of optical elements, image sensors, A/D conversion, FPGA based image processing techniques, single board computers, power supplies, and backplanes and cables. In this role, the candidate will be the technical expert for the payload hardware solution and will work with a team of hardware designers to implement a compliant design solution. The candidate will work closely with the Systems Engineering to determine the initial payload architecture and provide technical oversight to the hardware team throughout the hardware development - all the way through delivery.
- Architect payload hardware design concepts in support of proposals
- Provide technical oversight to a team of hardware engineers during development
- Participate in design reviews as a technical assessor
- Review and/or develop requirement specifications for modules and FPGAs
- Provide Customer Support for technical questions on the payload hardware
Apply now to join a dedicated team designing and building innovative space solutions that will continue to lead the industry.
More info is available at: http://www.baesystems.com/space
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Eligibility to obtain and hold a DOD Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams consisting of mechanical, electrical, and systems engineers.
- Experience developing space based optical payloads
- Experience with circuit analysis including de-rating, logic compatibility, timing and signal integrity analysis
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Able to work effectively in a multi-site or "borderless" environment
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience leading technical teams
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top