Senior Principal Hardware Engineer- FPGA Focus
FPGA Engineer Senior
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
Engineers at our Endicott NY location support the following two Business Area's
Controls & Avionics Solutions (CAS):
In Controls & Avionics Solutions, you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics - whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management.
Power & Propulsion Solutions (PPS):
In Power & Propulsion Solutions, we're involved with everything from providing efficient, power management on military vehicles to developing eco-friendly, hybrid and electric systems for the commercial world. Be part of a team that is helping to keep the air we breathe much cleaner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and support FPGA/CPLD designs through all phases of the design life cycle:
- Requirements Generation/Decomposition
- Architecture Development
- Design and Implementation
- Device Simulation
- Lab Integration with Electrical and Software Engineering
- Formal Verification
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card Required
- Working knowledge of FPGA programming languages such as VHDL and or Verilog.
- Working knowledge of Tools & Development Environments provided by major manufactures such as Microsemi, Xilinx, Lattice, and/or Altera. (One, All, or Equivalent)
- Working knowledge of Configuration and Change Management systems such as Doors, Synergy, Windchill, Git, etc. (One, All, or Equivalent)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams with Electrical, Systems and Software engineering has to develop solutions.
- Desire to stay current in the continuously developing field and to expand knowledge base and skills in FPGA design and verification.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related technical field.
- BS with 12+ Years of Experience, MS/PhD with 10+ Years' Experience
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink for auto-generation of FPGA code
- Experience using design/analysis tools, such as Timing Designer and Hyperlynx.
- Experience with Hard IP / SoC FPGA elements such as: PCIe Cores, Math Blocks, CPUs, Etc.
- Experience with Soft IP FPGA elements such as: CPUs, PHY's, Comm Blocks etc.
- Experience with FPGA integration into digital circuit card designs.
- Experience with architecture functionality trades with respect to Software/Firmware/Hardware work splits, Dataflow, and ICD generation.
- Experience in a Safety Critical or Functional Safety Real Time Embedded Electronics Industry such as:
- Aerospace, Military, Medical, Automotive, Industrial / Energy / Nuclear, Internet of Things (IoT)
- Experience with Safety Critical or Functional Safety industry standards such as:
- ARP-4754A, DO-254A, DO-178B, DO-178C, IEC 62304, IEC 62368, IEC 61508, ISO 26262
- Experience with Model-based systems engineering (MBSE) (e.g. SysML, UML, MagicDraw, Rhapsody)
- Experience with Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) and Tools (e.g. Mentor Graphics Questa)
- Experience with Control Law Development.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top