Senior Principal FPGA Engineer
Due to continued growth, BAE Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal FPGA Design Engineer in Totowa, NJ. BAE Systems is one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company.
This position includes writing VHDL code for complex electronic systems used in the defense industry. The VHDL code includes control logic, digital signal processing (DSP) and embedded processing. The ideal candidate will have experience with writing VHDL code, familiarity with microprocessors, familiarity with basic digital hardware design, and familiarity with basic RF design. The ideal candidate will also have experience mentoring Junior FPGA engineers, delegating tasks, and leading small teams of engineers.
As a Senior Principle FPGA Design Engineer at BAE Systems you will be challenged by complex problems which require creative solutions. You will drive the solutions through production, with the goal of creating a robust design with zero defects. You will be challenged to keep cost and schedule, while delivering a product that will save lives. Lofty goals to say the least. We currently have openings in algorithm development and RTL design. We are the industry leaders in what we do and need highly motivated, self governing individuals who want to make a difference.
There are plenty of opportunities to grow in the career path of your choosing! Project Technical Lead, Cost Account Manager, Functional Manager, or Technical Subject Matter Expert could all be in your future!
The position requires a U.S. person with the ability to obtain a minimum of Secret Clearance.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
- Current Security Clearance (Secret), or eligible to obtain one
- Significant experience in FPGA Design / Development
- VHDL (preferred) or Verilog HDL coding
- Familiarity with Xilinx ISE/Vivado or Altera Quartus
- Digital simulation using Modelsim/Questa
- Familiarity with static timing analysis
- Strong debug and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter and a good team player
- Ability to mentor and willingness to be mentored
- Experience and willingness for lab testing
- Ability to distill higher level requirements into micro-architecture
- Familiarity with revision control (git, cvs, clearcase, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internal logic analyzer (ILA/chipscope/signaltap)
- Experience with DSP fundamentals and FPGA implementation
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience dealing with legacy designs
- Experience in leading a design team
- Experience in hardware design and hands-on lab debug
- Experience being a CAM (Cost Account Manager)
- Working understanding of Radar systems
- Experience with UVM/System Verilog
- Experience with generating scripts (Perl, Tcl, Python)
- Working knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with high speed ADC/DAC interface, SERDES, PCIe
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top