Senior Principal Electrical Engineer - Space Systems EOIR
BAE Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer for our Space Systems Product Line to design advanced electro-optic space payloads for our rapidly expanding Space Systems Product Line.
We are a premier provider of advanced high-reliability space payloads, electronics, sensors and subsystems with products that have enabled a wide variety of civil, commercial, and national security space missions for over 25 years. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
We are looking for talented and motivated engineers for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. Candidates should have experience working on space-based payloads and performing digital and analog circuit design. In this role, the candidate will be a key technical member of the hardware engineering team and will work to implement a compliant hardware design solution. Candidates should have a strong background in high-speed digital and analog circuit board design with rad-hard, high reliability space components including space grade Focal Plane Arrays, A/D converters, and FPGAs.
- Support Hardware Design Concepts and Requirement Definition
- Generate Hardware Requirements Specifications
- Perform Schematic Capture and Board Layout
- Perform Design Analysis ensuring full compliance to specifications and applicable guidelines
- Perform hardware test and supporting Systems Integration and Test
- Support Customer Reviews and Technical Discussions
This position is part of the Space Systems Hardware Engineering group, a diverse, enthusiastic and highly productive team, where each employee has the opportunity to grow their skills and work on challenging projects. BAE Systems provides a flexible work schedule with every other Friday off, and a great benefits package.
Apply now to join a dedicated team designing and building innovative space solutions that will continue to lead the industry.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Eligibility to obtain and hold a DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Experience designing digital and analog circuit boards for high reliability applications
- Experience with circuit analysis including de-rating, logic compatibility, timing and signal integrity analysis
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Able to work effectively in a "borderless" environment with some team members located at a different site
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience designing complex, high density printed boards for high reliability applications
- Proficiency with Cadence
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top