Senior Principal Algorithm Systems Engineer
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®."
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems, Electronics Sector, Survivability, Targeting and Sensing Solutions (STS) Business Area is looking for an Algorithm Engineer to help us design and implement algorithms, including test infrared threat warning algorithms.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Developing algorithms for image processing, detection, signal extraction, and classification
- Improving performance of current machine learning-based classification algorithm
- Generating training data through modeling, simulation, and manipulation of collected data
- Contributing to the development of visualization and analysis tools to support algorithm development
- Communicating designs and performance results to customers and stakeholders via presentations and white papers
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Hold an active DoD Secret Clearance
- Modeling and simulation experience
- Experience with Matlab, Python or C/C++
- Experience with software development in a Linux environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in communicating technical concepts
- Self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced development environment
- Real-world experience with neural networks
- Model Based System Engineering Experience
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top