Senior Operations Support-OPS Squadron (Asymmetric Warfare Group )
Will provide Operations Support at the Squadron and Troop level to advise the leadership on the best utilization of contract resources; manage and provide oversight of the contract workforce; support mission planning and development of Squadron engagement strategies; and, provide advisory support to the Army’s operational force and institutional activities
- Ensure contracted advisory support personnel are qualified and trained to meet emerging mission requirements.
- Provide advice to Squadron and Troop leadership on the capabilities, requirements, and employment of contracted personnel in support of operational requirements.
- Manage and ensure contracted personnel comply with training and administrative requirements to support global deployments to include, but not limited to: International Traffic in Arms Regulations; Rules for the Use of Force per Geographic Command requirements; Combatant Command pre-deployment training and theater entry requirements.
- Ensure required deliverables are completed within the established suspenses and standards IAW AWG SOPs.
- Provide experience-based advisory support to US forces (from team to Army Service Component/ Army – level) at home station, training centers, and deployed locations covering a broad scope of tactical and operational requirements in support of both combat and theater security cooperation missions.
- During deployments, conducts tactical embeds with AWG Soldiers to advise and assist units in overcoming current challenges; and, to observe, analyze, and report on conventional and asymmetric threats, enemy vulnerabilities, and friendly capability gaps with the aim of improving the effectiveness of the future force
As part of a Military-Contractor Field Team, provide advisory support to tactical and operational-level conventional and SF units on TTPs and best-practices to defeat and/or mitigate conventional and asymmetric/unconventional threats within their operational environment. Common areas of advisement include, but not limited to: operational planning; tactical and operational full spectrum targeting; enabler/asset integration; close combat techniques; subterranean operations; weapons of mass destruction; operations in dense urban terrain; site exploitation; partnered operations; force protection; personnel recovery; and asymmetric/irregular warfare. Advisors routinely advise on security cooperation assessments and activities, vulnerability assessments, and JIIM Operations.
This position will require travel to CONUS/OCONUS (up to 70% of the time) to provide home station advisory support to conventional and SOF units and deploy to OCONUS locations, to include semi-permissive and combat environments, to provide operational advisory supports to forward deployed conventional and SOF elements. Deployments typically don’t exceed four months at a time, however, must be able to deploy within 5 business days of notice.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Successful leadership (coded supervisory/ Command) positions of increasing responsibility culminating at no lower than battalion level (or service equivalent) and operational experience (including both tactical mission and operations / plans staff experience) with US Special Operations Forces (SOF) or Special Mission Unit (SMU).
- Intermediate-level managerial and administrative experience to direct and provide oversight of other contract personnel.
- Possess extensive experience across the range of Special Operations core activities (unconventional warfare, counterterrorism, foreign internal defense, security force assistance, direct action, special reconnaissance, military information support operations, and civil affairs operations).
- Recent and relevant experience with JIIM operations beyond the tactical level and across the range of military operations.
- Extensive experience and maturity in operating with small teams under austere and ambiguous conditions to quickly establish rapport and team work in order to achieve mission objectives.
- Extensive experience in advising and training US and partner forces; but must also possess the aptitude to concurrently assess the operational environment to inform future operations, programs, and policies, and its effects on the design of future force capabilities.
- Ability to research, analyze, and synthesize information to develop informed solutions, concepts and recommendations.
- Advanced proficiency with weapons (M4 and M9 minimum), expeditionary communications, trauma and wilderness medical care, and personnel recovery.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to engage tactical, operational, and strategic level leaders within the JIIM environment.
Preferred Skills and Education
- 20 years of relevant experience in land warfare component combat arms organizations
- Expertise in terrorist, guerrilla and other asymmetric operations in order to advise the AWG on planning, training and equipping with experience in red force planning and special operations forces.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current operations and emerging military organizations, capabilities, and doctrine
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top